• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need to stop vomiting

1. Stop drinking alcohol if that's what you've been doing.

2. Is the vomit bright-pink or looks like it has coffee-grinds in it? If so, GO TO THE ER RIGHT NOW!! You could be internally-bleeding and there's no way to know how long this has been going (although charcoal-black feces is a good indicator) - I speak from experience here.

3. If it isn't that serious, still try to get to a doctor as it may be poisoning/infection of sorts.

4. Probably best not to eat or drink anything until it stops.

1. worst hangover ever
4. if i don't keep drinking water, i vomit bile

three and a half hours now

i want to die

What does "bile" look like?

I have no medical training whatsoever, but AFAIK blood OR vomit are two signs of the body being in danger. You do not want the "or" to be an "and". What you see as bile may not be actual bile.

^ If there is a tear in his esophagus (as happened to me), eating and even drinking water would exasperate the bleeding.

I don't want to be alarmist but people generally don't cry for help out of simply being hungover.

it is bile, i encounter bile at work all the time. i am 100% certain.
extreme hangovers cause you to vomit bile.

it is a thick, mucousy yellowish green substance
it tastes horrible

Ok, so that is bile.

I suppose you can try taking diphenhydramine (Benadryl around here, not sure what you call it in australia), if you can keep it down long enough. If not and you need to take it real bad, there is always the option of doing so rectally.

after 4.5 hours of vomiting i walked to the shops, stopping to vomit in gutters and front lawns
there is no pharmacist within walking distance, just a convenience store

i read on a couple of websites that sports drinks (gatorade etc) are good, so I bought a couple of them

seems to be working a little bit

feeling marginally better

got to stop drinking alcohol

this is fucked

thanks for the suggestions

it's still going on
9.5 hours of not being able to keep anything down
in some ways I'm glad
if this didn't happen, i would never stop drinking

it's over finally
i threw up from 8 in the morning to 6 at night
ten straight hours of vomit
i must've hurled over two hundred times
i spent most of the day writhing on the floor in pain in between bouts of violent puking

alcohol fucking sucks ass
what other drug could possibly do this to you?

the hangover felt like withdrawing from heroin

NEVER again

argh. must sleep now.

feel free to close the thread or whatever if you like, mods.

-tD

Glad to see it is over. Out of curiosity how much did you drink?

I had one friend who was in a similar situation after a friday night through saturday afternoon ridiculous binge. They woke up feeling fine Sunday morning and starting puking around noon. I came by around midnight (12 hours puking) and the constant dry heaving was apparently worse then ever. Ignoring the pleas to kill her we grabbed her roommate's douche, filled it with 2 or 3 shots of vodka plus a cup of warm water, and gave her a moments privacy. 20min later she was feeling fine, and although that wore off an hour later we got some apple juice and pepto-bismol into her during the respite and the rest of the night was akin to a regular hangover with no more puking.

Of course you won't have to worry about this OP because you are never drinking that much again ;)

edit: just to clarify she used the douche to self administer the diluted alcohol as a rectal (don't know if that is redundant) enema.

I have no idea how much I had to drink. Very little memory of last night. I've been having some problems with alcohol for a while. I'm not going to drink again. Ever. That was the most horrific experience I've ever had. Worse than severe gastro or any illness I've ever experienced. Worse than any withdrawals I've experienced too. I don't want to risk going through it again. I've been trying to quit drinking for a while. This was, in a strange way, what I needed. I don't usually get hangovers. I never vomit. I don't know why. I drink like a fish. It's nice to finally have some consequences to my self-abuse. I felt like karma was forcing me to hurl enough to make up for all my binges. Like I needed to vomit the same quantity of liquid that I had consumed over the past half year. And I practically did. Well not really. I don't know how many liters I puked. I was drinking tall glasses of water and hurling them back up within two minutes, then drinking another, constantly, for the first four or five hours. Now, my gums fucking hurt. My throat hurts. My stomach hurts. But I'm glad it happened. Tonight and tomorrow night and every other night I'm not going to be a drunken idiot anymore. I'm smoking a nice bowl of weed and watching Louis C.K.'s latest stand up masterpiece. For the first time in ages, my head feels clear. Well, relatively clear. Clear enough.

Fuck alcohol, seriously.

Worst drug in the world.

edit: just to clarify she used the douche to self administer the diluted alcohol as a rectal (don't know if that is redundant) enema.
LOLWUT!?

I find this hard to believe.

I imagine you'd need to take an enema the size of four coke bottles in order to dilute the 4 shots of vodka enough so it doesn't burn the fucking hell out of you.

I have in the past taken herbal tinctures rectally. These would be like 10% alcohol, and only a few drops at the time. And they STILL burnt like hell.

I feel your pain TheDeceased, Ive been there myself. I was on medication that stressed my liver and I wasnt supposed to drink on it...but of course I did. Threw up pretty much constantly for 12 hours. Kept drinking water cause it was easier and less painful to throw that up instead of the bile. Tried taking stuff to knock me out but couldnt keep it down. Felt like I was gonna die. Afterwards I could barely walk for the next 3 days from having such sore stomach muscles.

Im glad you survived it :)

LOLWUT!?

I find this hard to believe.

I imagine you'd need to take an enema the size of four coke bottles in order to dilute the 4 shots of vodka enough so it doesn't burn the fucking hell out of you.

I have in the past taken herbal tinctures rectally. These would be like 10% alcohol, and only a few drops at the time. And they STILL burnt like hell.
Haha perhaps I was exaggerating slightly for effect. She took two enemas each consisting of about 200ml of 10% alcohol. Still I think the burning you experience with the minerals is not primarily caused by the alcohol. This is only the equivalent of weak wine.